What are Ulzzangs actually?
짱 (jjang): Korean slang that means "best." Ulzzang means "best face" in Korean and the word is used both online and in real life. Basically, an ulzzang is someone who has a very attractive face, but most people use the term to describe people who have become popular for their looks.
The ulzzang craze started in South Korea. Many ulzzang wannabes post up their pictures on various websites, and voting and chatting can be done on many of them. Contests, both online and in real life, are often used to pick the best ulzzangs, but you do not necessarily need to enter or win. Some ulzzangs, however, have not relied solely on the internet. For example, some have gained popularity at school for being attractive. Most ulzzangs, however, use the internet to share their photos, and that is how many become popular.
Many ulzzangs use Haduri, which is a web camera program popular among teens in Korea. People also take normal or digicam pictures. Some even use Photoshop to edit themselves. Fakers don't make it far, and they usually get busted. The most famous ulzzangs may earn celebrity status. Some ulzzangs may even become real celebrities by going into acting, singing, or modeling careers.
Two examples of former ulzzangs are Goo Hye Sun and Park Han Byul.
The two most known zzang categories:
Ulzzang/얼짱: Based on the face. 얼굴 (ŏlgul) means "face" in Korean.
Momzzang/몸짱: Based on the body. 몸 (mom) means "body" in Korean.
"Ulzzang" with "zz" is the most common way it's written out in English on ulzzang websites. Variations on romanization include eoljjang, uhljjang, uljjang, and so on.
Some people say ulzzangs are asians who want to be like white people, but in my opinion, ulzzangs are asians that want to look cute, pretty & dolly like the manga-personages. They make pictures with cute poses and wear asian fashion. You've to watch out you're nog going overboard with the cuteness. Or else it will become scary. But most of them look really sweet. I don't like the fact that a "plastic surgery" trend is going to start. That's too much... The circle lenses are maybe ok, but not so good for your eyes. (and they're not ok when it hurts!) I don't really care... As long as they're happy ^o^
Most of them use the first black one.
It's to make your eyes look a lot BIGGER!
They're quit expensive too... But you can wear most for a whole year.
When you buy cicle lenses you'll have to watch out for fake ones.
They'll ruin your eyes.
There're also people who are saying ulzzang are asian emo's.
I don't agree with that.
Maybe the looks are alike, but ulzzang don't like pain & being depressed and such. (That's what I know about emo's, bad bad. ^^') Ulzzangs & emo's are totally different in my opinion. Ulzzangs are more, how to say..., cute & dolly. This look is not only for asians, a lot of white people try circle lenses as well.
I like this ulzzang look, but not the extreme ones that look really fake!
What do you think?
Here is a extreme video of a metamorfose, how this ugly girl changed into a cutie:
This is how she looks now: (CUTE!!)
It's kinda; asian cute, improved, pretty emo look haha.
You want your own Ulzzang-picture? (TIPS)
1. Put your index finger/ pinky on the corner of you lip.
2. Open your eyes as big and wide as possible. Even though your eyes are loaded with eyelid crease glue, fake eyelash glue, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, AND abnormally large contacts, OPEN THEM.
3. Make your lips as small and thin as possible. Doing this makes your eyes look bigger. Make your lips a half pout, half smile. Skin-coloured-lipstick is very stuitable for this.
4. Don't take the picture yet. Grab all the lamps and fan lights in sight and position it so that your face is illuminately white.
5. Now take a really close up picture, side angle. Remember, SIDE ANGLE. To make your eyes look even larger than they already are, position the camera above eye level so that you are looking up at the camera.
6. Take the picture!
EDIT: (please, don't overdo it!)
Ok, after you took the picture you CAN edit it, to make it more beautiful. You can also not edit it to keep it more naturally. :D
1. Load your picture onto the computer, and open photoshop.
2. Make your skin even whiter.
3. Make your eyes even darker.
4. Make your eyes bigger and better.
5. Use the heal button overexcessivley. Now Congratulations! You now have your own ulzzang-picture!
This ulzzang look is not for girls only.
There are many ulzzang boys as well!
Okay that's it.
This look is great.
I want it too, but I'm to busy to put so much make-up every day xD
Maybe during holiday or something.
And where the hell can I get these circle lenses in the Netherlands?
Hmmm... I'll just stay naturally... ^o^
Thanks for reading my blog!
I do not own all of the information, because I made this blog for people who don't know about this subject.