3/3/09

PIZZA

Yesterday I ate pizza. While eating, I was thinking about the history of it.
Where did it came from? Is pizza Italien? Or is it CHINESE? =0



I often heard that Pizza and Spagetti are actually Chinese food brought to Italy by Marco Polo.
I think the Spagetti came from China indeed (noodles). I haven't heard about pizza being Chinese origin though. Northern Chinese folks have a variety of fried pancakes.

Italien people add Tomato-sauce & cheese:
- Traditionally pizza is the food of the poor in southern italy. The original version only have tomatoes and herbs on it.
- As for cheese, in the olden days salt was very expensive and people in Italy use parmessan cheese to salt their pastas.





In the 3rd century BCE, the first history of Rome, written by Marcus Porcius Cato, mentions a "flat round of dough dressed with olive oil, herbs, and honey baked on stones". Further evidence is found in Pompeii, the city "frozen in time" since 79 CE, where archaeologists have excavated shops that closely resemble modern pizzerias.

I think it's true. About pizza being chinese. But it doesn't matter...
As long as it's tasty! ^o^





PIZZAHUT
Pizza Hut is a restaurant chain and international franchise based in Addison, Texas, USA (a northern suburb of Dallas) offering different styles of pizza along with side dishes including pasta, buffalo wings, breadsticks, and garlic bread. Pizza Hut is the world's largest pizza restaurant chain[citation needed] and is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., who has approximately 34,000 restaurants, delivery-carry out units, and kiosks in 100 countries.
It is one of three major pizza chains headquartered in suburbs of Dallas. Mr. Jim's Pizza and Pizza Inn are the others.


In the Netherlands we have Pizza Hut in Scheveningen, Denhaag & Rotterdam.
I've never been there though .__.
I've gone to Pizzahut in China several times...
Here's a picture:


This was in Beijing 2007 with some friends.
(I WAS 13!!) xP
Ohh, I'm the waving girl right.


Wanna know everything about the history of pizza?
Visit this site: x

1 comment:

  1. I think its true.But itdoesn't matter, as long as its tasty hehe

    ReplyDelete